Chapter 15: Alma Teaches and Baptizes
I'll admit it - I have back-dated this post so it looks like I was diligent and posted it two weeks ago instead of the beginning of June. But if you don't read this paragraph I am sure you will be none the wiser.
This week Alma teaches and baptizes a slew of people. I have just taught a lesson in Primary about the blessings of being baptised that included the story of Alma teaching and baptising. The blessings included: 1) We become members of Jesus Christ's church; 2) We get the gift of the Holy Ghost; and 3) Heavenly Father forgives us.
These important blessings are outlined in Alma's story and would definitely be a great guideline for teaching the story this week.
Other activities that you may want to do:
- Help your child realise the importance of writing in his/her journal. After hearing what Abinadi had to say, Alma immediately wrote down everything that had been said. Write in a journal or draw a picture about something you have done during the day.
- Build a tent and hide in it for a day. You know I love me a tent!
- LDS Family Fun (aka the Living Scriptures) has an activity book about Abinadi. The last part of the book covers part of this Alma story.
- You could also use the flash cards at the end of the LDS Family Fun activity book to make a card match up game.
- Invite the missionaries over for dinner.
Activities from the Friend:
July 2005 - Help your toddler complete the diorama used for sharing time