Chapter 22: Alma's Mission to Ammonihah
This is a V.E.R.Y long story. I have decided to break it up to go over two weeks. I don't know about your toddler, but mine has a problem staying still for one page of little pictures, so I am not going to push my luck.
I thought I would read the story up until Zeezrom becomes converted. A good theme from this story is "Following the Promptings of the Holy Ghost". Missionary work would also be a good fall back theme. There's nothing like marching around the room singing "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission" a couple of times to raise the spirit!! After much thought I also came up with perseverance, bearing your testimony and personal revelation.
- Amulek invited Alma back to his place for dinner. Invite the Elders over for dinner and have your toddler "help" make dinner. As you make dinner together, discuss how the Holy Ghost prompted Amulek to find Alma. Also point out that Alma was being a missionary by sharing the gospel.
- Sing Listen, Listen (Children's Songbook pg 107)
- An activity listed below from the August 2007 friend reminded me that LQ enjoys "helping" me sew. So I am going to attempt to have her help me sew a small quilt (a few squares maximum), reminding her as we do it that the Holy Ghost has many jobs including comforter.
- Hold your own testimony meeting. Invite your friends or just have you and your toddler practice bearing your testimony in front of the stuffed toys.
- Behold Your Little Ones - Nursery Manual has an entire lesson devoted to the Holy Ghost. It has one particular activity that involves gluing and cutting. I love all the suggestions in this lesson. Go have a look!
From the Friend
- August 2007 - A colouring activity perfect for explaining how the Holy Ghost is a comforter.
- May 2006 - LQ is a puzzle fiend and would really enjoy doing the puzzle on this page. If your toddler isn't so in to puzzles, why not try finding a similar picture and cut it into pieces you think he or she could handle?
- July 1997 - A simple colouring and folding activity tells how we can invite the Holy Ghost into our lives every day.
On a different note - I am so happy to be back doing this!