President Hinckley has counseled parents: “Read to your children. Read the story of the Son of God. Read to them from the New Testament. Read to them from the Book of Mormon. It will take time, and you are very busy, but it will prove to be a great blessing in your lives as well as in their lives. And there will grow in their hearts a great love for the Savior of the world, the only perfect man who walked the earth. He will become to them a very real living being, and His great atoning sacrifice as they grow to manhood and womanhood, will take on a new and more glorious meaning in their lives” (quoted in Church News, 6 Dec. 1997, 2)

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Another Resource

My friend Misty was so kind and offered some more suggestions for resources. Thanks Misty!

I went and checked out the stuff she suggested. The Book of Mormon for Latter-Day Saint Families is definitely something I will keep in mind, as LQ gets older she will probably appreciate something like that.

I also checked out The Living Scriptures at livingscriptures.com. While the DVD's are really pricey, Dal and I have a soft spot for these "movies" because we watched some of them when we were growing up (Dal can quote a few of the Nephi lines REALLY well). Whenever I am reminded of these particular DVD's, I make a mental note to start my collection. My collection is still to be started.

HOWEVER.... I looked into the other resources that they have available and I found that they have FREE Activity books that you can download from their website. You just have to register... which was one of the easiest registering processes I have done in a while. The activity booklets are full of great colouring pages and if you have older children, there are crosswords and other activities.

I am particularly excited about the little cards that are at the end of the booklet. They are to cut out and then put in order, but I think if I make two sets, then Isabel and I can play match the cards.

Go take a LOOK!

No comments:

Post a Comment