President Hinckley has counseled parents: “Read to your children. Read the story of the Son of God. Read to them from the New Testament. Read to them from the Book of Mormon. It will take time, and you are very busy, but it will prove to be a great blessing in your lives as well as in their lives. And there will grow in their hearts a great love for the Savior of the world, the only perfect man who walked the earth. He will become to them a very real living being, and His great atoning sacrifice as they grow to manhood and womanhood, will take on a new and more glorious meaning in their lives” (quoted in Church News, 6 Dec. 1997, 2)

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Day Three - Recap

Ok, so today didn't go so well.

I ended up on the floor crying while my sister (who is visiting) ran out to find LQ.  Sister then told LQ to get back inside and help mummy dig for the gold plates before mummy had a complete nervous breakdown.

My problem started at three this morning when LQ woke up for the third day in a row at that hour (UGH!).  We all woke up looking like zombies this morning and I just didn't have enough energy to do scripture study when LQ was still bright and bubbly.  I did it when she was at her contrary stage.... you know the stage they get to right before you declare "NAP time!"

Here's to hoping that my scripture study goes a little better tomorrow.  I am not counting on it, though - I have to wake up before the crack of dawn to take dear Sister to the airport (which I love doing, by the way!)

3 comments:

  1. Don't give up, Helen! Some, maybe even most, days are like that. You'll find your rhythm, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA I have the mental picture of you having a mental breakdown and ishybel completely unaware of what's happening and bro freaking out about it. You probably don't want comments like this on this blog but I just have to say that if i didn't have 2 kids sleeping in the next room I would be laughing my head off. Love you. this is a great idea. You are such a good mum. If only everyone were like you....then we wouldn't have nannies going insane over other peoples children that aren't disciplined.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog today...love it. Thank you for doing this. And please don;t give up. I have a three yr old and a 10 year old special neds child that I am trying to do this with and can completely understand.
    Huggs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete