President Hinckley has counseled parents: “Read to your children. Read the story of the Son of God. Read to them from the New Testament. Read to them from the Book of Mormon. It will take time, and you are very busy, but it will prove to be a great blessing in your lives as well as in their lives. And there will grow in their hearts a great love for the Savior of the world, the only perfect man who walked the earth. He will become to them a very real living being, and His great atoning sacrifice as they grow to manhood and womanhood, will take on a new and more glorious meaning in their lives” (quoted in Church News, 6 Dec. 1997, 2)

Sunday, March 22, 2009

And the winner is...

I am so pleased with the turn out I had from the quiet book competition. Each comment helped me feel just that little bit better with my efforts in raising LQ.

It seems that staying in your pyjamas all day is a rite of passage for all new mothers. I do appreciate the more experienced mum's letting the rest of us know, that it is just a season. I think I will call this season of my life the "Pyjama Season".

“to everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven; … a time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away (a time for pyjamas and a time for makeup).” (Eccl. 3:1, 6.)

I also appreciate those other mothers who admitted that they experience the same pyjama struggle.

As I read each of your comments and blogs (yep, I visited your blogs, the ones who allowed me) I realised that this competition probably wasn't such a good idea after all. I am terrible to watch sports with, because I will barrack for the losing team because I feel sorry for them.... this means I may even change my allegiance halfway through a game. It is because of my soft approach to losers (and because I know that each of you would have loved getting that book) that I find myself struggling to announce just one winner... I want everyone to have a quiet book!

But I only have one Quiet Book, so I will be happy for the winner instead of sad for the "non-winners".

Congratulations Nannette!

Could you email me (helencluff[at]gmail.com) and let me know your address so the quiet book can be sent on to you. Did you know Nannette has a little boy who just turned one on St. Patricks Day? Dal and I were married on St. Patricks Day. Fun.

Don't forget that if you still want that Quiet Book, you can visit Knot Sew Shabby's etsy store and buy one for yourself.

5 comments:

  1. I'm coming over from Mormon Mommy Blogs, asking for your help. I am in the running for a round trip airfare paid ticket to Connecticut, to meet a friend I became acquainted with through blogging. She is a super fun person and is holding this contest. I entered a funny story titled "Grapejuice Floaties, Now Marry Me." The person whose story receives the most votes will win a trip to meet this generous lady, whom I'm hoping to meet. The voting ends Sunday evening. I am ahead for now but there is a story coming up from behind out of nowhere and I would so, so, appreciate your help. Her blog is www.becausemomsaidso.blogspot.com and the voting is on the sidebar on the right. "Grapejuice, Floaties" Just go there and cast a vote for me, please. Thanks so much-you're awesome! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Nannette!

    Helen Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog, I hope you visit again and again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray!!!! This is awesome!!! Thank you! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Nanette! Woohoo!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it says "Nanna" yep that would be my name!! I'm so sad... But congrats, Nanette!!

    ReplyDelete